Saturday, May 23, 2009

TWO Happy Hours?


Today was an amazing, can't get the smile off my face, sort of day. My request for Mother's Day was a girl's day out with my friend Heather. That leaves Mark to watch the boys...

Today was the much anticipated day. Better yet, Memorial Day weekend sales, better still, the weather was beautiful with temps in the mid 70's. GLORIOUS!

Heather and I are so used to traveling with graham crackers and drinks, are used to being interrupted by this and that, so much so, that sometimes it's hard to finish a thought, much less a sentence. Today was our day to connect, visit, shop, and eat.

Oh, did I mention that we've been doing Body For Life and that today is our free day which give us some room to enjoy things we don't treat ourselves to the other 6 days. It's wonderful.

A recap of the day's events:

Start off at Bridgeport Village. So pretty is this shopping area that I feel like I am on vacation when I am here. SO pretty.

Lunch at California Pizza kitchen...1/2 salad, leisurely visit, sat outside! Wonderful...

Peak in this shop. Peak in that shop. Cute stuff. No hurry, we've got the day.

A cookie for later? Let's stop at the she-she poo-poo bakery. I'll two. One for me and one for Mark for later.

Let's head to Lake Oswego...since we're eating 'small but frequently' we decide to catch HAPPY HOUR. It's 2:55 and it starts at 3! Cheap eats. We share a $2 appetizer. Perfect. We giggle a lot since this is so much fun. Still...no kids!

Our time is up and we head home. Pierce and Evan are playing, Mark is in the yard. After some conversation it looks like the boys all want pizza and we can go back out!? Are you kidding? Heather and I need to go in the house to take all of this in! We have MORE time!

We get the boys their pizza and head off for 2 1/2 more hours of girl time. 11:30-7:30! This is UNHEARD of. We are SO loving this.

We get to KOHL's and as we pull in we see Stafford's and remember it's HAPPY HOUR til 6. It's 5:35. After a quick peak at the store we arrive for Happy Hour #2! When has this EVER happened? More cheap eats. We share some $2 and $3 items. Crazy.

We top it off with a visit to Kohl's to shop with fun money from my Mom for Mother's Day. 4 tops. Happy day!

Better still...we arrive home and both boys are BATHED and JAMMIED. Word has it they want a sleep over at Pierce's house.

A great day shared between friends. A great day shared between two little boys and one awesome Daddy. One quiet house here. How about the other one? I wonder if those little boys are asleep. We'll see if Evan lasts all night there. This will be his first 'friend' sleepover. If I was betting money, I would bet he'd stay there all night. We will see!

Thank you Mark for a great day and here's to hoping for more days like this in the future. Much appreciated!

P.S. (It's Sunday morning now...if you want to know if the sleepover really lasted all night, go to Heather's blog... www.rikefamily.blogspot.com for the conclusion and a picture.)

1 comment:

Heather said...

It was awesome ... and the sleepover almost happened. I think next time if they can make it past 9pm, they'll make it all night.
Thanks again to both you and Mark for an awesome day! My cup runs over.

Followers