Today at Springwater was THE talk that all the kids dread...you know, boys go him the male teacher, girls with the female teacher and the doors close. Private, hush, hush talks.
Well, yesterday I took the first graders out for gym to teach them 4 square. I forgot the sheet with the rules on it and had to go back to the classroom where I was to get it. I forget that the BOYS were in there for 'the talk'. There are 6th grade boys who all know me an I know them. As I entered, all the boys IMMEDIATELY turned to see who had come in and invaded their BOY ZONE. I put my arm up to cover my face and said, "Sorry, I'll be out of her in one second!" The teacher kept on talking about 'changing bodies' and the kids kept trying to shush him, they wanted him to stop teaching while I was in the room. One even said, "Don't tell her. We don't want her to know."
Then one of the boys said, "I think she already KNOWS. She has a SON."
And as I left, I said, "Yup, I already know." (I just don't think they wanted to know that I knew that THEY knew!)



No comments:
Post a Comment