Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Rainbow Hunter





Mark always jokingly calls me "The Rainbow Hunter," because when conditions are right, he knows I am going to find it! I found one just last week when we were out. It never gets old, for me anyways.

When I was little my Mom painted the most beautiful rainbow on my bedroom wall. The one I saw last night was every bit as beautiful as that!

Last night as Evan and I were about to run a quick errand, the rain stopped and the sun shone bright. I said to Evan, "Watch over there, it's going to happen, just wait..." And there it was. It appeared before our very eyes. (I think Evan thought I was pretty brilliant, the fact that I knew where it would appear!) The sun will always be at your back, by the way!

I think this may be the first rainbow that he has every really appreciated. He was in awe just as I was. We put our windows down to take it all in. It was spectacular. There actually was a double rainbow! The lower, more spectacular rainbow was so vibrant, so clear, so very colorful! I think you'd have to zoom this picture to see it, but the blue and purple bands seemed to repeat over and over and over. Sure I wish that this picture were without the traffic, the business and all the lines of power cables, etc. But hey, at least when Evan asked, "Do you have your camera with you," I would say yes! So, I hung my arm out the window while we were at the light and got this shot. And, cropping does wonders!

Evan noticed that it dipped down into the trees and wanted to know if we were going to go find it. If I could have, I would have, but you and I know, that rainbows are just an illusion. It's nice to think that if we drove far enough we could actually touch it. Wouldn't that be something. :)

No comments:

Followers