Friday, May 8, 2009

"Guess what I did!?"

Bedtime usually goes very smoothly around here. Tonight I think Evan's excited about Daddy coming home 'in the middle of the night.' He has been out of bed to come talk to me here in the computer room a half a dozen times.

I have walked him back to bed, tucked him in and re-tucked him a half a dozen times too. (It's getting old.)

Then I hear him come in here one last time and I close my eyes exercising patience when he says, "Guess what I did?" And when I open my eyes after a very deep breath, he stands before me with a dry erase board, and says, "I wrote the whole alphabet by myself!" And so he did. He suggested that we sing it, and we do. How can I not be proud of that, and yes, I am glad he came in here just one more time. Way to go E!

(Now go to bed!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like the 5 year old's not sleepy yet ... but maybe his mommy is?!

Followers