Today was the perfect opportunity to sport Evan's new fishing hat!
A few weeks ago a neighbor and his son went fishing and Evan ran in the house yelling, "I want to go fishing." I thought he was going to go come unglued about this. We aren't fishermen. I don't touch worms on purpose. How is this all going to go down?
So a few days later I asked this Daddy where he went and he told me about a Trout farm that is just a couple miles down the road from Evan's school. They have the equipment and give you the bait and everything! This we can do!
Today we went on a little family outing. As soon as we arrived we ran into two of Evan's buddies from school and they were quick to say hi and they all starting fishing together. Too cute. Boys being boys. It's not Barbies, but it'll do.
Evan caught his first within minutes and then after playing with it in the bucket and watching his friends catch a fish, he was ready for more. He caught his second fish and quickly showed off his 11 inch catch! Way to go Evan.
The boys had such a good time we all agreed we'll have to get the boys together again soon!
Tonight we're having trout for dinner. Mark will eat steak. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment