Monday, September 1, 2008

Kitchens

I love hanging out in my friend's kitchen.

Could be Heather's, could be Carrie's. It could be Linda's in Michigan, or any of my friends for that matter. There's just something really wonderful about shooting the breeze, talking about kids, life, and 'What's for dinner?' with a girlfriend, in the kitchen. (Maybe this is the equivalent to 'the garage' for many men. I see guys in their garage drinking beer and talking. I bet it's much the same. No, I bet it's not even close.)


It's these impromptu visits that I love the most. These kitchen visits are never scheduled. They are not those planned, 'Let's get together for lunch at the park' kind of visits. These visits usually happen at random, somewhat unannounced, and always very casual. Like the one I just had at Carrie's.

A quick phone call, "I'm near your house, can I stop by for 10 minutes?" Ten minutes turns into the better part of an hour. It's easy conversation. Kids are playing, showing off new school clothes, as we chat about whatever. It's the kind of conversation that makes it difficult to leave even though I know it's time to go.

Thank you FRIEND for having me into your kitchen. My kitchen is always open to you!

No comments:

Followers