Friday, September 26, 2008

On the swing set...

Today was one of those really great days. Super weather and a much needed "play date" with Pierce and his Mom at the park and then over to our place. It had been many days since our last get together and I know the boys were as ready for it as the moms were!

The boys played great (for a change) while Heather and I chatted the day away. (On Grey's Anatomy, Meredith refers to Christina as "her person", Heather is MY person.) So we were just visiting on the deck, talking about whatever women (I want to call us girls) talk about, when Evan calls from the swing set,"Mom, you gotta come see this!"

So I get up and walk so I can see and there he goes. For the first time, he is using those little legs all on his own to swing back and forth without anyone pushing him. He's actually doing it. How many times have we talked about OUT and IN, BACK and FORTH. Whatever you want to call it, today was the day when it all clicked for Evan.

You could tell he was delighted with himself because he was laughing and shrieking all at the same time. That feeling of I DID IT wrapped with astonishment all at the same time. I told Evan I wanted to get this on video and he said, "Go get the camera and I will be right here." He kept on going the whole time! He has this down. Tomorrow I will take him to the big park and let him do his thing.

Click on the triangle below to play this video clip.

Pierce, Evan and Maddie on the swing set. You'll be glad to know that I put WD-40 on the glider AFTER this video was taken. What is it about squeaky swing sets? I can just about hear that sound in my head.

No comments:

Followers