Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fire safety


A couple of months ago I read about a Fire Safety Fair in our community and jotted down the date in my datebook. The other day I noticed that it was this Saturday. We had no plans other than little errands so I told Evan we'd check out the Fire Safety Fair first. I didn't know what to expect...a firetruck or two?

Needless to say, we never made it to our errands because we were at this community fair for over 3 hours. State Farm handed out bags to collect all of the free goodies, candies, brochures etc. The best FREEBIE was a bike helmet for every child! (We got one a little big so that when Evan grows out of his current helmet, we're set!)
Free ice cream cones, face painting, and lots of asking questions. So many people commented on how many questions, "good questions" that Evan had. I think he could have talked to these community helpers all day. I am thankful he's such a curious little kid.
Evan and I watched the Life Flight helicopter land and then got to sit in it!
Evan talked to several firefighters and sat in nearly every truck.
The antique fire truck gave free rides around the parking lot. Evan thought this was pretty cool.
This event got a great turnout and I would put it on my calendar for next year since Evan and I had such a good time. (And we got a bag of loot almost as good as trick-or-treat!)

No comments:

Followers