When I was a kid I loved walking in the rain. I remember the house in Columbus mostly. I had my clear dome-like umbrella and I would walk barefooted in the rain along the curb as the water raced by. It's something that you really don't do on purpose as an adult, but I felt inclined to do it today.
The rain came on hard, not like the usual Oregon showers we get. This was what I call a Michigan rain. HUGE drops that soak you quickly. I told Evan, "We're going to play in the rain." He hopped up and followed me to the garage and I got him his umbrella and I got mine. He stood in the garage not sure if he should follow at first. He said he was scared. No thunder, no weird dark skies, just heavy rain. Eventually he followed me and we walked to the curb and watched the water flow by. We walked to the drain and watched the water gush down. He'd never really seen that before.
Before you know it, off came those little red shoes and they became boats in the best water race ever. And of course we went inside, Evan wanted to know if I had had a good time. "Yes, Evan, I had a great time."



1 comment:
Ahh. That is so sweet. Good for you, good for E, that you took advantage of that moment.
Post a Comment