Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School


Today was the first day of school. Evan was happy to go. When I picked him up he didn't notice that I had walked in the room. He was having the last bit of drink and trying to get the little girl in the green dress to come and sit by him. (Always the girls!) Soon as he spots me he says, "I want you to meet my new best friend..." Then he says to the little girl, "What's your name?" Her name is Gena. He also made a few friend named Molly.

On the way home I ask, "So tell me about your day." I am so glad this question has become a part of our daily routine. He tells me:
The teacher read a story. (Curious George Goes to School he thinks)
We played a game. Checkers.
We made something really special...a mask.
We had goldfish and grapes and juice for snack.
We played with Play-dough.
I played with the camper and the jets. (What's her name that I played with? The one in the blue shirt and skirt? I tell him I don't know her name. It's not Genna and not Molly.)
We played outside.
And that's it.
I feel proud that I didn't ask, "So what did you do today?" and that he didn't say, "Nothing." I think day 1 was a huge success!

No comments:

Followers