Thursday, September 4, 2008

The BUS grocery cart

Nearly every time we go grocery shopping now, Evan wants the BUS cart. This thing is huge, twice as wide and 100 times as long as a standard grocery cart. I mean, you almost need a special license to drive this thing. (Think of me next time you see some poor woman pushing one of these things!) But, being the Mom I am, I let him have his way. He has had a great day, so why not.

This time there are no BUS carts at the doors where we enter. Evan knows there are more carts at the other door and so we trapes through the store with 5 bags of returnables, both of our drinks, my purse, ... to find yes, the RED BUS cart. Jackpot!

As I try to negotiate this thing from where it is and through the store I say, "Evan, I sure hope you appreciate that I let you get this cart." He asks why and I tell him - it's huge, cumbersome, and hard to drive. He says nothing.

After the shopping is done he helps me unload things onto the conveyor belt. Midway he stops and says, "Let's share a smoochie," as he puckers his lips at me. I stop to do just that, and think, "THAT is why I let him talk me into the BUS cart!"

I have a feeling when he outgrows the BUS cart I might actually miss it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you, good for him. You're right a part of us will miss negotiating the bus cart (with the one bad wheel) around the aisles that seem to be ever shrinking and enclosing around us.
Thanks for the great attitude!

Followers