Monday, September 29, 2008

The Piano-man

(play the video)

I love those random moments when Evan is just being Evan. During these times I hope to myself that I can take this in, remember it forever, because he is changing so fast. Being an only, I think he's a lot like me. He has the ability to self-entertain and I love to be a fly on the wall when he does this. He gets lost in own little world and is almost unaware that anyone else is home or that anything else is going on.

Yesterday I could see Evan in the piano room. He had his box of instruments and was flipping through the pages in the song book. I guess it's tough to decide which song to play when you can't even really read yet. As I observe him he begins to not only play the piano but plays the harmonica at the same time. I think he is a little Billy Joel and then I think, "Where is my camera?"

I walked in and sat down and said nothing and he continued to play.

Sing us a song, you're the piano man, sing us a song tonight...

No comments:

Followers