Saturday, August 30, 2008

Movie in the Park

I had read that tonight was the Movie in the Park night. A local park sets up a screen (it's a blow up one, like a bounce house!) and shows a movie outside - sounds fun. It wasn't publicized much and I didn't know what the movie would be, other than - family friendly. It was cool out so we dressed like we were going camping and headed out with our sleeping bags in tow. Popcorn too.


We pretty much have the place to ourselves when we arrive and that's okay with us. There are a few other families and we all have a great spot on the lawn. Not everyone looks as prepared as we do. We have sleeping bags and are taking this seriously! Maybe it's because we just camped last weekend that I know as soon as that sun goes down it's getting COOL. Others have a single blanket to share with the whole family. I know they are going to be sorry. Evan plays on the slide for a few minutes with a little girl he met until the movie gets started. I am excited it's one I have not seen called "The Legend of the Water Horse" or something like that.

Evan and I cozy up in our sleeping bags, share popcorn and drinks, and he tells me he likes the movie. I like it too. It's like ET meets Free Willy all set in Scotland. It's the kind of movie that is good for kids and parents. About half way through Evan wants to call Dad to bring more snacks and Chester. Dad arrives with brownies, graham crackers, bottled water and forgets Chester. That's okay, Evan had NO trouble falling asleep before the movie was over anyway.

Evan was so "out" that even carrying him to the car, putting him in the car, buckling him in, slamming the door, driving home, opening the door, unbuckling him, and carrying him upstairs (all in his sleeping bag) didn't wake him one little bit.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you! I'm sorry we missed out. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Followers