My girlfriend Carrie and I agreed last week to walk again 3 mornings this week. This is one of our days. We chatted in the early morning and I Googled the weather to see what was in store. It could rain anytime today but we agreed to take our chances. (You know where this is headed...)
We get to the college across the street where we walk around the track and get the kids set up. They like to play under the bleachers - the "clubhouse" as they call it, and we can see them while they play and we walk. They have cereal out of Zip-lock baggies, chocolate milk and have a great time. I'm excited to say that they look as forward to their time playing as we do walking. (I'm happy about this since I have to wake Evan up each morning in order to pull this event off.)
Carrie and I do little more than walk a quarter of the track and talk briefly about the Olympics when the sky opens up a little. We will it to go away. It doesn't. Half way around the track it's raining harder now, not a drizzle, but RAIN, and it's all we can do to get back to the bleachers, get the kids packed up, and get back to the car.
Carrie's daughter Kimmie is 5, has her hood up (which blocks her view of us) and she starts around the track to find us. She probably wants to tell us it's raining! She can't hear us calling her name as we come up the rear (and she can't see us because of her hood) and so she ends up circling the track to find us! Meanwhile, I tell Carrie I will pack up Evan, her youngest (Marley) and get them to the car. As I get to the bleachers, here are the darlings that I find...



No comments:
Post a Comment