Needless to say, not a good move. He crashed, the horn broke, and his ego was a little smashed too. No major injuries other than to his spirit, and the horn of course!
When I told him this isn't the sort of thing kids do with training wheels on their bikes he said, "Take off the training wheels!" I was speechless. He had tears streaming down his face, helmet still on and he said he was not going inside. "Take them off!" he said. He went and got the tool kit. This was serious!
So we took off the training wheels. I told him we were not doing the ramp today but we could practice in the street and I would hold onto the back.
We got down to the street, he got on, he rode and swayed back and forth for a half a second and quickly decided that he was done. The bike is laying in the garage on the floor and I will put the training wheels back on tomorrow. (I knew this would happen and didn't bother to put the tool kit away. He had to try it for himself.)



No comments:
Post a Comment