As I sat there, enjoying the cool water on my feet and the cool treat in my hand, I looked around and took in the beauty of it all. We have the most fantastic yard in my opinion. It's really all because of Mark. I can't take credit for more than arranging the flowers in vases. He does an amazing job! Our roses in particular are wonderful and I was impressed with my first photo of a rose using the close-up setting. All of this digital stuff is pretty new to me but I knew I had a winner. What do you think? Not too shabby!
A little bit ago, like always, we wrapped up our evening reading books to Evan and talking about our day. It's my most favorite part of our daily routine. Face-to-face all close and cozy, we start at the beginning and talk about all the details of what we did, and who we saw. We got talking about our time over at Heather and Pierce's house today and I asked what they did outside. He said Pierce's friend Cooper came over...
"Do you like that name Cooper, Mom?"
"Yes, I think Cooper is a nice name," I say.
"It's a funny name. Cooper. It's like chicken," Evan says.
"Like chicken?" (I'm thinking on this one.)
"Yes, it's like chicken. Chicken coop."
Kids are funny.



No comments:
Post a Comment