Once we got to our site, the first order of business is to check out the view. We always get a spot with lake access and each year I think our spot is better than the year before! I am always awed by nature and cannot believe how beautiful those trees look with the sun shining through.
Evan made a bee-line to the water.
Evan was delighted beyond words.
You know me, I love that mountain and if I can see it while I camp, I am what they call a "Happy Camper!" It looks so much closer than this picture shows and the colors would change frequently with the angle of the sun.
While we were looking at the mountain we noticed that we were facing the south side and could see Palmer Ice Field, where all of the skiing happens on Mt. Hood. That area looks so tiny in relation to that huge mountain. At night we could see one bright light centered right in the middle of Mt. Hood. - Timberline Lodge!



No comments:
Post a Comment