Monday, September 7, 2009

"Tomorrow is MY day!"


Evan has been saying, "Tomorrow is MY day!" He knows tomorrow is a big deal. We've picked out the clothes for his first day...jean shorts, John Deere t-shirt from Papa.

We've received the memo from Springwater on where/how to park since there are going to be lots of parents since EVERY parent is asked to stay in their child's class for the whole 1/2 day session and for the picnic lunch too. I think that is a neat way to start things off.

I know the book that Ms. Rae plans to read to the kids on the first day. The Kissing Hand. I hope I don't cry. I always had a hard time reading the sappy books to my kids at school because I would get all choked up. I have a feeling, knowing the content of the book, that it may happen tomorrow. I only know what book she's reading because we got talking, as teachers do, one day when I was subbing last year and we got talking about good books. I asked her if she had read this one, and she said, "Yes, I always do that one on the first day of school." I am in trouble!

I am excited, overjoyed and with a lump in my throat all at the same time. My boy is growing up! He's such a neat kid and I know it's going to be a great year for him.

No comments:

Followers