Friday, September 18, 2009

Evan's Fundraiser - pretty cool!


The fundraising has begun! Evan has only been in school a full week and here comes the first fundraiser. At least I can say I am excited about the product and think some in the Portand or Seattle area might be too.
The Chinook Book is a book of community coupons, maps and resources for living green. (I took that from the front cover.) Really cool! It's a nice size, about 7x 8 1/2 and full of great stuff...ways to reduce your carbon footprint, save energy in your own home, locations of your farmers markets, info on organic foods/pesticde levels, etc. I flipped through every page last night and am both excited to offer something so smart and pleased to be doing something different from the usual Entertainment book. (I do love that one too, but every kid sells that one.)
The good news is that there are similar guides for East Bay CA, Seattle WA, Minneapolis/St.Paul MN, Denver CO and Sun Jose/Santa Bruz CZ.
Evan is selling them for $20 and the school makes 50% profit. In just browsing through I noticed that 4 coupons (save $5 when you spend $25 at your grocery store) would pay for the book, and then there is all the other great stuff, features, tips and other coupons in store!
Anyway, if you would like one for yourself, or for gift-giving, let me know and let me know what version you would like. I need to have checks in by the 1st at the latest. You can find out more at their website http://www.ecometro.com/
This one sure beats the wrapping paper fundraiser!

No comments:

Followers