Riding a two wheeler without the training wheels is a big deal. Evan started out the first day on Amanda's little bike (12 inch tire) and was even up for a ride around the neighborhood! He never fell. Still hasn't! He was concentrating here but I reminded him to smile!!

The very next day, Amanda (blue helmet) learned to ride and so we had celebration Popsicles! Now just about everyone in the Cul de Sac can do it. Now we're waiting on Maddie and Kiera!
Evan is now riding his BIG new bike from Grandma and Grandpa that he got for his birthday. 18 inch tires fit him great. He looks like he's been riding his whole life.
We've gone around the neighborhood on bike rides everyday, a few times a day. I realized that while he has gained independence, I have gained it too. Now I can get on my bike and GO. No strapping him in, no waiting for him to climb on the tag-a-long. (Although I am sure we may use that for long rides when I need to get some exercise!) It's neat to watch him hit another milestone.
Loose teeth? Not yet. Reading? Some words. Those will be the next big accomplishments!



No comments:
Post a Comment