Early to bed, early to rise. That's the name of the tune around here. Feels good I guess to go to bed early and wake early after a summer of serious play.
So Evan is gone for the better part of the day which has left me feeling a little like, what do I do with myself? It sort of reminds me of the early days when I moved out here and Mark would go to work. If I didn't get called to teach, I ended up painting a room, rearranging furniture or cooking a killer meal. What can I say...dinner tonight was really good!
Evan is loving school and his teacher says really great things about him which is always great to hear. I can tell he's picking up new stuff already. Yesterday he started a conversation about vision and eyes, and was asking me about the 'people' in your eye...pupil.
We're off to a good start. I've got a few days of subbing on my calendar and once that gets going, I will really appreciate having a day at home. For now, I am looking for creative ways to fill my day. I'm so used to being Evan's mom 24/7...this is different.



No comments:
Post a Comment