Sunday, December 27, 2009

Funny things

Kids say the funniest things and darn if I can remember them all long enough to post them here...

The other day while Evan was eating Christmas candy...I can't recall which type, he said, "They sure didn't make these when I was a kid!" Mark and I just laughed!

Last week when I was reminding Evan about good behavior and that I would take away a privilege of his..., he told me that if I wasn't showing good behavior I was going to lose my kitchen privilege? Really?! Happy day. I'll be bad and I won't have to cook. He thinks I am in there for the fun of it?!

Evan had a little hangnail one night and was really having a tough time of it. He does his own grooming, and has for a long time, so he wouldn't accept any help on this one. When he couldn't quite get it, he said, "Oh, this is NOT the big toe I had always wanted!"

For the last several years, Evan has been the little ladies man in school. He always has a sweetie pie and is fine with us talking about it. THIS year, just recently, things have changed. He's becoming a BOY and he doesn't want to talk about it! If we bring up Taylor's name, or Mandi's name, he blushes, fights the smile, and says, "Stop talking about!" It's pretty funny.

We also had some pretty good laughs ribbing him that Santa might bring him a Barbie head make-up set since he didn't let Santa know what he wanted. It became a running joke. Any time we saw and ad for Barbie anything, we'd say, "Oh Evan, here's something for you." He caught on to the humor and let us have our fun in the end.

Several posts ago, Evan and I played the game of Life. One of the devistating things that happened to him during that game is that he 'had to get married'. It's part of LIFE. Several times since he has asked to play ANY game that he doesn't have to get married in. (And he reminds me that the only person he wants to marry is Mom.)

Kids are funny.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy New Year ... thanks for the morning laughs! These are great! A perfect way to start 2010.

Followers