You know, in a very "Northwest" sort of way, the fog in the trees and the bridge, it's all very beautiful, at least to those of us who live here. In the distance you can see the trio coming...
After waiting at the wrong spot and realizing these 3 had already walked by, I got myself to the right spot, in an area I am completely unfamiliar with. I was so happy to see Amber (on the right) waiving at me. Looking pretty good after 17 miles!
(And while I was driving around, lost, dodging detours because of the marathon, it was Evan who said, "Mom, look at those beautiful leaves. I think those are ones that are changing colors!" I was sure to thank him for putting me back in a happy place.)
Amber called me just minutes ago to say, "Thanks for hat," and to report that the three finished in 6 hours and 45 minutes and got the t-shirt to say, "I finished the Portland Marathon!" They are sore, but they did it! One more thing to cross off the 'bucket list.' Way to go ladies. I applaud you all!



1 comment:
Thank you so much for your support today! Thank you for driving around a part of town that neither of us are familiar with and for bringing us hats in the rain. You are a true friend!
Post a Comment