I just can't get over the fall color this year. I know the colors are spectacular every year, but this year in particular it has been very dry and so the leaves have been hanging onto those branches even longer. The rain is on it's way. Trick or Treaters will be out tomorrow night and you can just bet that rain is in the forecast.
These leavses are from one of the 2 the maples in our front yard. It was no accident that we planted such colorful trees. When we selected our trees at the nursery, I wanted trees that would remind me of Michigan and these sure do. Each day, I take note, and usually point them out to anyone who might visit. "Did you see how spectacular those trees are!?" I am taking it all in.
And then there is the color from the last few flowers in our yard. I picked this bouquet yesterday and it's probably my last really decent bunch of flowers. I have 5 more roses that just might open. I remember cutting the last rose of 2007 on my birthday. It could happen again this year too. I love having fresh cut flowers every week from late February thru early November. (Thank you husband dear for taking such good care of our yard!)



No comments:
Post a Comment