Monday, October 27, 2008

Battling a dinosaur

If you saw the blog entry of a few nights ago, then you can understand that I might find the same thing yet again. Evan, asleep in his costume. Hood on, fully zipped. He had to be burning up, but there he was, asleep in his costume. I want you to know, he was tucked in, read to, loved on, and the whole works tonight. The whole costume thing is going on in a quiet room unbeknownst to us. ( I know, maybe tomorrow I will hide the costume...)

I cannot believe that he didn't wake up after all of the struggle he gave me as he slept and I tried to remove his costume. Twists and turns, and each time I got an arm out, it went right back in. He's asleep mind you! It reminded me of shows I have seen where some crazy person tries to wrestle a crocodile. I had to laugh! Is this my child?! Finally, I had to hold the costume upside down by the feet to shake him out of it. And, he didn't wake. It's as if he knew I was taking it off despite how dead asleep he was. He wasn't going to let that costume go without a fight. Needless to say, I fought the dino and I won.

I'm sure he will wake up in the morning and wonder how I got his costume off. Not very easily!

No comments:

Followers