I want to remember how beautiful, and sweet, and 'little' that wonderful smile is. Small little teeth, all lined up so straight. We celebrated each one coming in. Every tooth, perfectly spaced. This is the smile that has looked up at me for years and years now. This is the smile I sit inches from while I read him bedtime stories. This is the smile I watch as he talks because I think, "YOU are so cute and that little mouth of yours speaks so clearly, I just want to eat you up!" This is a SMILE that lights up the room. As much as I am aware that he is growing up, I am honest when I say, I will be sad to see that little smile go. It's a part of his 'babyness'.
At the same time, I know I will be excited for him to be visited by the Tooth Fairy. Mark told Evan that after he loses his tooth he should tape it under this pillow. (What?! Tape it!? No, that's not how you do it. You wrap it all neat and tidy in a Kleenex and leave it under your pillow.)
Evan's little friends have reported a loose tooth, and then we hear the stories of the Tooth Fairy and the treasures that were left behind. Some have reported as much as $5 for that first tooth, some have said 2 fifty cent pieces. Some kids have even reported that the Tooth Fairy didn't come the first night. Imagine! How could the Tooth Fairy forget such a big event! Empty spaces are then filled with that extremely jagged, crooked looking tooth in a size much much too big for a cute little mouth.
Evan said he thinks the Tooth Fairy is a girl and she comes in just like Santa does through the chimney. He thinks she is about 'this big' (showing his thumb and index finger about an inch apart). No loose teeth yet, though Evan does check from time to time. It's only a matter of time before the Tooth Fairy makes herself known in the Ross household. We'll keep ya posted!



No comments:
Post a Comment