Saturday, November 6, 2010

Homecoming Parade (early October)

This year Springwater School was a part of the Oregon City Homecoming Parade. It's been a long time since I gathered in a parking lot of kids, with the marching band practicing over there, and kids getting their floats ready. Such spirit and excitement and it took me right back...

I remember making flowers out of Kleenex at Sue's house. Her parents always sponsored stuff like that. TONS of kids, I mean a good hundred or so, all hanging out, getting the float ready. Lots of soda pop. Tons of it. Good times.

Marching band...more good times. Some of the best ever, with the best of people.

But this time around, it's my son, and his friends that are the star of the show and it felt great to be a part of this whole experience!

Evan was delighted that he got to ride in the back of the pickup during the parade route with his classmates and little sibs.

Oh yes, and the Parent Council parents (I'm one) made fun streamers for the kids. I love how this one captures the feel and the movement!


I love this picture. It's probably the last really good one that I took with him having both top teeth. We were on our way to the parade meeting area and Evan was excited and didn't know what to expect. He had a blast.




By the end, the kids were starting to tire out and the parents sure got a work out. It doesn't seem like a parade moves that fast until you're walking it!



No comments:

Followers