Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween highlights

How great is this Haunted Gingerbread House? Evan had always wanted to do this one, and well, he got lucky!
Evan and I watched a show on the Food Network about cool Halloween stuff and one segment was on the company that makes those cool knives for carving pumpkins. Sure, I have used them before, but it's been years since I carved something different than the eyes, nose, and mouth that Evan drew on. So, we agreed that the next day we'd go get a kit, and do up a cool pumpkin.
Naturally he picked a design that had 3 stars for difficulty, but honestly, it went much easier than carving the traditional Jack-O-Lanturn. We loved the results. He called it a castle. :)

Oh...my little firefighter. I love it. This is SO Evan. You can catch him on any given day in the summer, despite the heat, wearing some costume and pretending to be a fireman.


He loved that I personalized this $5 find with his name. He took it to school for show and tell!



I invited his class to meet up with us for "Trick or Treat on Main St." for the Friday before Halloween. More than half the class and their sibs showed up! Evan is behind the 'kitty'.




No comments:

Followers