I called a friend to give us a ride home and while we waited this kind man, originally from Poland offered to jump Mark's car. "I have a truck over there..." I expected to see a pick up and then saw his RIG and KNEW that this had made Evan's day!
The man showed Evan a little tour of his rig, how the hood lifts off, and then helped to start Mark's car. Now living in Chicago, he told Evan to stay in school or you'll end up driving a truck, a hard life, he'd said.
He turned down a Starbucks gift card and opened my door like a true gentleman as got back in the car to go. My friend followed behind and we only made it across the parking lot before the car died again. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers, and girlfriends who are there when you need them.
Hoping Mark would follow my lead and 'roll with it' attitude, we went home, got in my car, and headed out once again on our Halloween adventure. Today...Mark has to deal with the car. Thank goodness for our friend Steve....



2 comments:
That sucks about the car! I got into a car accident on Wednesday and totaled our car. A Ford Ranger truck went around a corner, hydroplaned and glided right into my lane and I hit his passenger side. No injuries but his truck had a huge 'crunch' on his side and my front end was damaged. Still waiting for the insurance to decide what to do but with all the damage, and it being a 23 year old car, I'm expecting it to be totaled and not much money coming from it. Hope Mark and Steve can get your car healthy!
WOW! I love it when a disaster turns into an opportunity. So glad that you made it to the Fantasy Trail and Evan got the extra treat of checking out the truck. (Poor Mark!)
Post a Comment