Monday, October 5, 2009

The Portland Marathon....GO AMBER!!!!

For the second year in a row, Amber has race-walked the Portland Marathon. I wouldn't miss going downtown to support her. Here she comes just before mile 24... Heather and I are kickin' ourselves for not having signs and horns and balloons and stuff to show our support. Evan runs out to give her a dark chocolate protein bar that she said is just what she needed, right when she needed it! I guess friends and chocolate are all a girl really needs!

A quick stretch and check of her watch...

and there she goes! Go Amber...we'll see you at the finish!!


Pierce, Heather, Evan and I crowd around the busiest area, the fenced area of the last mile to cheer on everyone who passes this way and waiting to see that hot pink shirt of our friend, Amber!





This man announced as he passed by that this was his 34th CONSECUTIVE Portland Marathon! His name tag read ULTRA AL. Way to shine!!


Here she is, the clear winner of the race. Hey, anyone who wins finished this race. The boys thought it was great that everyone got a medal. 26.2 miles is a long way and they deserve it.


At seeing us cheer like wild crazies, and being so close, Amber took to a run for the last stretch!

Amber said she didn't think she even had a blister this year. The girl has been a walkin' fool. Training at the gym, walking the Hood to Coast in September and now this again. And, it sounds like ULTRA AMBER will be one of those little old people passing the finish line years from now saying, "This is my 40th consecutive ..." (No pressure, Amber!) You're off to a great start Amber, and your friends are proud!!









1 comment:

Amber said...

Yeah thank you for the sweet post my great friend. I felt like a rockstar I wolking into the finish with all of you cheering me on. And knowing on mile 23 that in less than 14 mins I would see my friends was just what I needed to keep me moving but than when you had chocolate whoah you made my day. And I think you could be right that I might make it through 40 straight marathons, although 50 might be more accurate after all I would only be 80 years young. Thanks again dear friend you made my day!

Followers