I love October...I think it's my favorite month. I love the crisp air that tells me 'fall is here' and I find myself with eyes wide open looking for and noticing the changing colors... At the same time, as I flip my calendar from September to October, I think, wow...3/4 of the year is gone. That was fast. I never seem to think this mid way through the year - that they year is half over. It's always October when TIME seems to hit me. Time flies.

We had a GREAT day for exploring a new location this year. Not new, but new to us.
Sauvie Island Pumpkin Patch. Worth the drive. Huge fields of sunflowers, mazes, pumpkins, and a huge store filled with anything that can be harvested this time of year.

Of course, there's the hayride...there's something about taking your chances, sitting on a pale of hay and
hoping you don't get thrown to the ground as the tractor hits the ruts and you find yourself holding on for dear life and asking the guy who sits behind me to hold on to my shirt if it looks like I am about to go flying...that's fun. Fun for me, at least.

Brothers at heart. Evan and Pierce. Pictures like these always remind the Mommies of years past where we propped them up so they wouldn't fall during the 10 seconds it took us to step back and capture the moment. Every mama has to take pictures of her kid sitting amidst the pumpkins, every year. It's just what you do!

Just like at the Tulip Festival, here's the cow-ride! This one lasted 10 minutes! The kids rode off and the mommies went shopping for corn and cider! See ya! (Amazing what you can get done in 10 minutes!)

Oh, and then to pretend that you're actually driving the tractor. Tractors always remind us of Papa and being at his farm this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment