The weather has been incredible. A little cool, but not cold. Sunny to the point of needing sunglasses.
What to do...head out to the Apple Festival. I saw a flier at the library. It didn't think it would be a big deal, and it wasn't, but it was something to do, and fun for my boy. It was at a historic house, like the ones in our town of the original pioneers. 1850's, fully furnished....complete with a child's train set!
Evan got to crank an apple press and I think the little old men working that station would like to have kept him all day. When we toured the kitchen, the women were making butter and Evan asked me where the microwave was..."They didn't have electricity back then...no microwave." (This isn't a very good kitchen is what he muttered under his breath.)
Then off to the train park like we did for his birthday. I've never been there on a cooler day and it was great! Leaves turning colors and the smell of autumn. We rode the trains a couple of times and headed on home. What's even better is that I got 'Thank yous' from my son all day long!



1 comment:
sounds great ... and "thank yous" too!
Post a Comment