
A friend sent me a link to look at her baby's photos, on Facebook. To look, you have to set up a profile, it free, but you still have to set it up. Fine, I thought. I will set it up, look at the pictures and be done with it.
That was my plan until all of these old friends from Novi High School and beyond started showing up! Then I guess I got hooked. An hour here, an hour there, I am reconnecting with friends lost but not forgotten. It feels great.
I have also found better that 1/2 of my former students from when I taught 3rd grade back in the late 90's. These "kids" are in college and it's neat to see what they look like and learn what they are up to. That's something most teachers don't get to find out. They are with you for a year, they grow up, and they are gone. It's really neat to say hi after all these years.
I have found friends from 1st grade, people that really mattered to me as a child. I have found friends from Jr. High that have moved and I had wondered about. And, since people change after high school, I have found some new friends in people that I have always known but was never quite friends with. Just about everyone is on Facebook. It's the easiest to way to find people. Really amazing. I am thankful for all of these great new contacts and I am looking forward to visiting a long lost friend who lives in Seattle now. Just 3 hours away. Haven't seen her since 1986. Time flies.



No comments:
Post a Comment