Friday, November 28, 2008

Our $10 tree



Once again we've nabbed the best $10 tree there is to be found. 8 out of the last nine years we've ventured out, way out, to Mike's house for our $10 tree. We first found Mike's Tree Farm in the classifieds, "Nobels - 10-20 foot trees. Any tree, you cut. $10." We were sold. I couldn't tell you what these trees tend to go for commercially, be we know a deal when we see one. Mike's Tree Farm is nothing fancy but we love it, it's tradition now. Wide open space, high elevation that practically puts you in the clouds. I bet under Mike's flannel jacket he's wearing a tie-dyed t-shirt or a Grateful dead concert tee. It's very casual...leave your $10 in the coffee can on the porch. There have been years that nobody was even there.
This year, I had the guys go without me. Feeling still not well enough to go out, I was happy to have them to the 'tree gettin.' That's our tree, directly behind Evan. It's a good 13 feet or so.
Evan dressed himself on this day which explains his get-up. I was hoping for some "picture postcard" type photo of Evan that I could use on Christmas cards...so there you have it...stripes and plaid. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Followers