Up north with cousins proved to be a very good time. This is my cousin Pam with her family...hubby Kurt and kids Cassandra and Eric. I wish I would have also taken a group shot once my cousin Lori (Pam's sister) and her family arrived. There's always next year!

At Papa's farm, the kids had fun taking rides on the John Deere tractor and the quad.

No, Evan didn't drive it, he's just pretending. That quad was a necessary mode of transportation later in our visit...

John's brother Steven built this fabulous little house in the middle of the woods (too bad I didn't take a picture of it!) Everything it took to build and furnish this get-away was brought in on the back of the quad. There's only the path that Steven made to get back there and I bet it's a 1/2 mile each way. This time the path was SO muddy that quad rides were very helpful and even the quad got stuck and nearly tipped over in the mud. When I say it was muddy, I mean it was MUDDY!

Cousins on the swing. Eric, Katie, Evan and Cassandra. They went from flying kites, playing in barns, climbing trees, harvesting vegetables from the garden, back to the swing. Endless opportunities when you're a kid on a farm!

Cassandra...growing up, WOW. Can't believe how much you've changed in so many great ways. You can barely see the deck of cards in her hands but at this moment we were teaching her how to play Euchre, which is not an easy game to learn and she was really catching on.

Cassandra's little brother Eric was born the same month as Evan. They all had so much fun climbing trees and being KIDS!

Cousin Katie is full of energy and is 5 years old. She reminds of our neighbor Maddie and always has. I can look at Maddie and pretty much know what Katie looks like. We wish we could see our cousins more often.

Daughters of sisters and much like sisters themselves. How cute are they!
Volleyball is a classic sport on the farm. I watched on this one, but got in there when when we played Boccie ball and Corn-hole. Corn hole. What a terrible name. It's basically a great bean-bag toss game that we played until well after dark thanks to the lights on the house and garage.

Port Huron sure is pretty. Here, Evan, Eric and Cassandra run down to check things out on the day of their arrival. So pretty.


After Pam and her family left, Evan had a little alone time with just Katie. It was great for him to get to know his cousins again. Katie and Evan used plastic forks and spoons to make designs in the sand while building their castle. The water was beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment