Sunday, August 2, 2009

Evan's first night OUT...

Last night was the very first time that Evan spent the night away from Mom and Dad at someone else's house. Sure, grandma is one thing, but being away from family is different.

Mark and I drove Evan over to his friend's house at 4:30 on our way to a date night to celebrate our 8th year anniversary. (July 29th.) On the short little drive to the back of the neighborhood Evan said, "Good night!......See you tomorrow!" I sort of got the feeling that THIS might be the time that I don't get a call at 9 or 10 from Heather saying that Evan misses his Mommy.

Mark and I had a great dinner out, revisited our early years through scrapbooks I'd made, and went to a local festival and caught the last few songs by an Elvis impersonator that was quite good. I bet he has fun doing that.

I waited for the call to come. Heather texted me to say that he'd mentioned at least 4 times that he missed his Mommy but she was able to distract him enough to have that moment pass. 2 boys- finally asleep. WOW. This might happen.

I myself felt the void in my home. I wanted to go upstairs to kiss him an extra time or two like I always do, but he wasn't upstairs. Ah...growing up.

I had a hard time falling asleep as I was expecting that maybe he would wake up and be scared or miss me, I remember that feeling. I felt it all the way until 3rd grade. Tummy ache. I want to go home. No call.

He arrived this morning around noon. No big deal. He just wanted to play with Pierce and have HIM over HERE. So, now they are here. Who knows, maybe it will be a sleep over at this end!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so proud of our boys ... that's a big first step (for everyone).

Followers