Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Friends or Brothers?

We hear it with some frequency, "Are they brothers?" Nope, Pierce and Evan are just friends, really, really good friends who happen to have the same color hair and are about the same size. Oh, and they behave as brothers. Tonight the man on the trolley thought they were brothers, which I think is a good thing.

Yesterday I heard the boys in Evan's room... "I love you." The other said, "I love you too." I wasn't sure who started it until later, it was Pierce.

Pierce came downstairs a bit later and said, "I love you Mrs. Ross." I told him, "I love you too Pierce." I love that we have that kind of relationship.

So last night as I was sitting with Evan I asked how his day was and the topic got turned to the "I love yous" that went on. "Pierce is not my brother. We love each other."

"Don't you think brothers love each other? You are kind of like brothers. Pierce told me today that he loves me too."

Evan said, "I hope he loves me more than he loves you. Do you think he does love me more? I hope so."

Whatever the case, I am glad that there is love between these two little boys and for the mommies as well. It's no wonder that today Evan wanted to sit with Mrs. Rike and hold her hand. I think we all just sort of share this wonderful affection for one another. You can never have too much TLC.

Followers