Oh, my gosh! I can't believe they are doing a remake/movie of this show from 1974. When I was a kid, this was my absolute favorite Saturday morning show. It's also a show that gave me nightmares that were so vivid I could describe them to you today. Strange creatures, fire, the raft going over the waterfall and back to the dinosaur age. The show was great!
Or so I thought! Last night I happened to stumble on the original series in a marathon on the Sci-fi channel. Within seconds I was recognizing how absolutely cheesy this show was. How did I fall for it?! It's terrible. So unrealistic! I taped it for Evan and has asked today if I thought he would like it. He watched it for about 3 minutes and said, "I'd rather watch my tug-boat video." Me too Evan! Land of the Lost? What was I thinking?!
I wonder if Evan will look back on old Thomas the Train videos and think, "Sooooo unrealistic..."
Certain 'old' things like Frosty, and Rudolph, though they do look dated, still have a classic appeal that Land of the Lost lacks.
Yikes. I wonder what my parents thought when I watched that stupid show!



No comments:
Post a Comment