Friday, June 26, 2009

Craigslist ROCKS!


My new favorite thing: Craigslist! Wow. I've sold lots of stuff this week, but better than that...my garbage disposal is fixed.
Yes, today while posting ads, I thought, "I wonder if someone would trade me services to get the broken glass (drinking glass piece) out of my garbage disposal for a HUGE bouquet of flowers..." It's worth a try.
Within TEN minutes I had a man calling me! He said, "You don't need me to come out there, but you can do this. Take an Allen wrench, stick in in the bottom of your garbage disposal under the sink, and wiggle it back and forth. Then turn on the disposal. It will crunch up your glass and unjam itself." I did it! Called him back and told him it worked. Like that, it was done. He said he was too far to come get flowers but was hoping for luck while out fishing today. I told him I bet he'd catch a big one. People are good.
I forget to take the ad off Craigslist and tonight there were about 7 others who'd taken the time to email the directions as noted above! One gal even said she called her brother the plumber and he told her to tell me... then she closed by saying I could keep the flowers for myself for a job well done!
Have you checked out the BARTER section on Craigslist? Funny stuff. Will trade wedding dress for Xbox. Drywall for guns or jewelry. Michael Jackson's Thriller album - mint, for Jonas Brothers tickets. Who knows? If you ask, you just my receive!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is awesome! I didn't even know there was a barter section ... I'll have to think on that!

Followers