Saturday, April 25, 2009

When I grow up I am never going to do that to MY kids!

I remember when I was little and Mom or Dad would do or say something, I thought to myself, "I am never going to do that to MY kids," but of course, I am sure I do.

So last night when I was tucking Evan into bed, he wanted to take his crayons and paper to color, IN BED. I said NO to this and he quickly hid them under his bed. I gave him to the count of 5 to retrieve those items or I was NOT going to give him the usual bedtime routine (2 books, back rub / love, and "talk about our day." He sort of laughed as I counted to 5 and on the final count of FIVE (and I did not do any 4 1/2, 4 3/4...type of thing) I said, "Good night," and turned on my heel to leave his room. Now, you know he came running carrying that box of 64 crayons saying he was sorry and all. In the end, after we talked it all through, about being a good listener, and how crayons were not for bed time, and that he needed to listen, this was the conversation that took place...

E- I don't like sleeping!

M- Yes, you do. You'll be asleep in 5 minutes.

E- No, I won't.

Y- You will, you always fall asleep quickly.

E- I don't like sleep. When I am a grown up, I am not going to sleep. I am going to stay up all night and pet my cat.

M- Okay.

I read 2 books, rub his back and talk about our day today, and our day tomorrow. He has Chester on his head, ready for sleep, like he has done since before he was one year old. He is asleep before I leave the room. WHATEVER Evan!

No comments:

Followers