I can't believe we had to count on our fingers how many years we've been doing this. It's fun to think back on the day when Evan, so little, not even 2 year old, found his first treat laying in the grass and stopped to unwrap and eat his chocolate bunny. Of course, the other kids raced on while Evan ate his only treat from the egg hunt that first year. It's a sweet memory that I will never forget. NOW, he races on and quickly tosses candy into his basket and hurries off to the next area. Funny thing, this year, as he blindly tossed candy into his basket, he actually put it right through to the other side of the basket and many treats landed on the ground. (Unbeknownst to him!) Mark and I had to laugh. It's always something!
Of course, when all is said and done, you have to take a moment to sit down with your best bud and take stock of your collection of candy!



No comments:
Post a Comment