Evan has always been the sort of guy to be sweet on girls. He does it in his own quiet way. First it was Carolin at preschool when he was 4. He always saved a seat for her at the snack table, always waited to see where she would sit on the carpet and follow her there, and if they had to buddy up for a walk, it would be her hand he'd hold. After Carolin it was Carmen at his current preschool and after she moved, it was Gena. In his own quiet way, he secretly likes her best of all the friends at school. Evan is NOT very good about keeping this a secret from us however. We always know who is sweetie is and if we mention her he gets this HUGE smile on his face and says, "What?!" It's like he KNOWS we know that he's got a little crush. "What!?!" And he smiles. We're on to you Evan!
In our neighborhood, his sweetie is Amanda. Amanda is the little sister of his friend Cory and she comes around everyday. Lately they have been playing together quite often. On the swings with the Build-a-Bears, on the trampoline at her house, and always on bikes, playing with chalk or bubbles and eating Popsicles.
Yesterday I called outside to tell Evan that he had 5 more minutes. A little later I saw Amanda and Evan walk up the driveway to our home. He opened the door from the garage to come in but paused to have a conversation with her...
E- Goodnight Amanda.
A- We're going to miss him right?
E- Miss who?
A- Miss this caterpillar. We're going to miss him right?
E- Yes, we'll miss you caterpillar.
A- Goodnight Evan.
E- Watch out Amanda I am closing the garage door now!
(Garage closing...)
E- Meet me here in the morning Amanda!
A- I love you Evan. Good night Evan, I love you!
(Door to the house closes and Evan sees me see him. I smile at him)
E- What!? (That sheepish smile!) Why does she always tell me she loves me?



No comments:
Post a Comment