On most nights Evan helps me cook dinner. He loves this and often starts asking early in the day when we can start.
He sets the table, gets the drinks poured and on the table and helps out in many ways. He loves washing and preparing veggies, and any random job I need help with. It's really amazing how much a little one can do if you just let them. He also clears the table, puts things away and then rinses the dishes in the sink he's prepared with water and bubbles! He thinks this last job is so much fun he will want to do it everyday of his life. (Hey, until he changes his mind! I am happy for his enthusiastic help!)
Last week Evan and Mark came out to the school I was at to check it out and Evan decided to ride home home in my car. As we got close to home Evans says, "Can we go to Wendy's tonight. I am too tired to cook!" This idea went over well with me and we did decide to go out!
Then tonight as I came in the door from school, I get welcomed with hugs, I'm asked to lay on the couch for some "love" (in the form of Evan climbing on for a big full body hug) and then he hops off, covers me up with blankets and gives me a toe massage. I think I am in heaven. Then he says, "Are you going to help me cook tonight?" Funny how he really thinks he's the one doing all the work and I am merely helping him!



No comments:
Post a Comment