Sunday, March 8, 2009

Recently Mark and Evan have really been playing ball, a lot. All kinds of ball... Kicking the soccer ball around the yard, playing catch, throwing underand and overhand... I introduced Evan to basketball. I showed him how to dribble with his little basketball.

He tried it and declared, "That's too hard!" Then I reminded him that catching used to be difficult too but he's practiced and got good at it and he will get good at dribbling too.

He must have taken the advice. Before I knew I was hearing more and more bounces as I would do things around the house. I noticed a great ball while I was out shopping and brought it home for him. Since then, he's really gotten the hang of it and is playing basketball in the house regularly! Soon, we'll move this game outdoors! It's pretty awesome to watch all of the developmental milestones appear.

"Mom? Are you watching? Keep watching Mom. Okay? Keep watching."

I'm watching Evan... (click tringle to play video, sorry the video is sideways!)


No comments:

Followers