
You can see the
apprehension as Evan was about to set off for his first day of 1st grade. Honestly, he had it made...small school...knows the only first grade teacher...knows all 22 kids from Kindergarten are going to be in his class again this year...I guess you can still know all these things and still be a little nervous.

I am so happy to have Mr. Jon as Evan's teacher this year. He is soft, and loving, and enthusiastic, and calming, and fair. I know Evan is going to really enjoy having him.

The teachers introduced themselves to the parents and students Tuesday morning at the full school assembly. I love the small community of this wonderful school, and the sense of humor that everyone carries with them. I also love that there are nearly as many male teachers as there are females.

As the principal introduces each student, their teacher greets them and welcomes them. I love that Mr. Jon is goes in for the hug with every kid.

Kids went to their classrooms and parents stayed in the gym for Q &A. Later, we found our families again and had a picnic. It was supposed to have been on the hill in the back, but due to rain, the first major rain in so long, we had to have it in the classrooms. I love this great big hug that Mark got when Evan came out to find us!!

Mr. Jon goes over the rules before the kids get to have some free choice time. It was so nice to start Evan's first day with him...actually, it's nice for everyone in every grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment