Friday, February 5, 2010

Important work


This week I taught at Springwater and while I was in the the 4th-5th grade class, I looked at the window knowing it was Evan's recess time...I knew where to look to find him...The Dam.
This is where he spends his outdoor time most of the time. It's important work. Ben, his buddy, is often the one who carries the water from the big puddle to the top of the dam. Evan is usually digging with a shovel or using his feet to kick way some dirt. Ashleigh is usually with them too. And the water gets poured, and they watch it flow, and they do it all over again. Important stuff.
I love that he's at a school that has a rack for rain boots, that kids can decide if they want to get dirty or not, and nobody ever tells them they can't play in the mud.

No comments:

Followers