I've had glasses for the last two years. Recently I have realized, I either need to have an exam and get new glasses AND sunglasses OR I need to have an exam and get contacts. The sun has been out lots this week which has given me daily reminders to do something about making a decision.
This week Evan's teacher saw me in the hall without my glasses (they were on my head) and said, "Rhonda....without glasses!" It was such a positive statement that he reminded me that I want another option besides another set of frames on my face.
My glasses still work good enough, so I decided to test a trial pair of contacts this week. I had my exam this morning and Evan was with me as I got my lesson on how to put them in take them out. I took a deep breath and announced that I was nervous... Evan leaned over and gave me a huge reassuring hug. Too cute.
I did it. I got them in on the first try! Success. All in all, I don't think the contacts are quite as clear as my glasses, but I am happy with them and think I will end up getting contacts as another option. I also gt clip-on sunglasses things at Costco that will work with my current glasses. Had I known this last year, I would not have suffered all summer long!
I feel like I just put another notch in my 'I'm a big girl' belt!



1 comment:
Good job adding another notch!
Post a Comment