While in Seattle having dinner at Mark's mom's house, she asked all of us to think of something we were thankful for in 2009 given the fact that there was lots we could complain about.
I said I was thankful to be in our house. Of course, I was always thankful, but during this difficult time, the basics start becoming a little more important than they ever were. So, yes, I am thankful for our house.
I also added that I was thankful that Evan got into Springwater school.
I am also thankful for the trip we had in August to spend time with extended family in Michigan at Papa's farm.
I was curious to see how my 6 year old would respond to the question, "What are you happy about, thankful for, etc...."
Evan said, "I am happy I got to see my grandparents." I love this answer when it could have been something like, 'I love my truck.'
Mark is thankful for the nearly 300 contacts he's made in the last year.
In listening to our answers and thinking on them later, I was especially proud that both Mark and I thought beyond 'money' when it comes to what makes us happy/thankful. There really is so much to be thankful for that has little do with with currency.



No comments:
Post a Comment