Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Evan!

Today is Evan's half birthday. I only pay attention to it because his teacher has asked summer birthday kids to share a treat on their half birthday instead. We've been excited about this day and it's my chance to spoil him a little with special attention at school.

Balloon bouquet in the trunk...fruit snacks to share with friends ready to go...and then Evan comes home from school yesterday with a 103 fever. Well...so much for the balloons at school at all of that. (At least until next week.)

So, I brought the balloons in and he woke to them with a big smile on his face and we baked a Happy 1/2 Birthday Cake. (It's a whole cake, with 6 1/2 candles.)

We sang, we honored it and made the best of a sick day. I have a feeling we've just created a new 'holiday' in the Ross family.

No comments:

Followers