Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This brings back memories...



Tonight my friend's daugther was playing with a handheld game, and as I looked over her shoulder I could tell why she loved it. It's basically a digital version of something I once loved as a girl, FASHION PLATES.

The Internet is so amazing. All you have to do is THINK of an idea, an item, a person, and within seconds you can have a picture of it, him or her, poof! So I Googled Fashion Plates tonight, that lead me to Ebay, which is were I got this picture. Tomy made it. 1978. Yup, that's about right. Hours and hours of fashion designs. I'm sure it was one of those must-have items for Christmas. Mom, did it come from you? I bet so. Thanks! I loved it. And it still brings back great memories. Oh, and the bid on Ebay tonight was $31. Funny to think I have reached the age that the toys I once played with fall into the 'vintage' category! What's up with that?!

No comments:

Followers